Saturday, January 31, 2009

I have to admit two things. The first is that even though I really like blogs and have several that I watch daily on my iGoogle page, I was incredibly intimidated by the thought of actually creating one. How does someone even go about it? It seems really hard right?

Fortunately for me, it is really incredibly easy. So easy that I kinda wondered if I was missing something important along the way.

This leads me to my second confession; even though I know that I should hate Google for smothering the small businesses of the world and feeding the corporate conglomerate of America blah, blah, blah I really just can't. In fact, I might just be obsessed with all of Google's services (including Blogger) to an unhealthy level, but how can something that makes my life this much easier possibly be bad?

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I wanted to talk about what my primary goals for starting a blog are.

First, I want this blog to be a place where my photography clients (both current and prospective) can come to get a feel for what I have been up to, who I am, and how I like to do things so that they can feel confident that once we enter into a professional relationship we will be a good match. I feel that it is important for the photographer and the client to feel comfortable with each other. Photographs always come out better when both the people in front and behind the lense are relaxed and in sync.

My second goal is to share some of the information that I have gathered along the way with other photographers. While there is a lot of great information out there in books and on the web, I still feel like I can probably help other up-and-coming photographers by sharing what I have learned. I strongly feel that this profession is a never ending learning cycle. No one can ever know it all, and everyone has something usefull to contribute to the whole.

On that note, keep an eye out for new information. I have several ideas for future blogs in both categories and hope to have a better idea of the structure that the blog will take in the near future.

No comments: