Saturday, January 31, 2009

I have a few images from the wedding that I shot last weekend for Jessica and Bryant to share. These are all "getting ready" images. In a way, I think that the sequence of the wedding day mirrors the entire process of getting married. A lot of time is spent planning and getting ready, and then the actual event goes by in a flash. All of that stress, energy, and excitement and then, just when you think that it is over, you realize that the good part is just getting started.


1/25 sec @ f/4.5, ISO 800
31mm, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 on
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi


I made this image by window light at the bride's parent’s home before the wedding. I applied a lightroom preset (Aged Photo) and then dropped the exposure a tad and added a little highlight recovery and fill light.

1/15 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 800
70mm, EF70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS USM on
Canon DIGITAL REBEL XTi


All that I did to this image was apply a preset called "faded photo" which you can download for free here. I like the way that the soft lighting from the window and the almost 3/4 view of the bride really accentuate her great profile and pretty features.


1/40 sec @ f/5.0, ISO 800
35mm, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 on
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi


I really like this photograph because it shows both the bride and her mother absorbed in getting ready for the big day to come. I know that it is the bride's big day first, but it is her mother's big day second and these two are such a great team. I love the unconscious connection that it shows. I applied a preset from Matt Kloskowski called Matt's Nostalgic Effect (2). You can download it for free on his website here. While you are there check out the rest of his site. He has a lot of great helpful information on there and if you are looking for a great read pick up a copy of his book "Layers: The complete guide to Photoshop's most powerful tool". The book is packed with tips and tricks for using layers in Photoshop and I can bet that just about anyone will learn at least one new thing from this book that will help you be faster or better.

No comments: