Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How to post multiple images at a time on Blogger

Hello everyone!

After the technical difficulties from Monday's post I got really tired of uploading pictures one at a time to Blogger and decided to investigate. The first thing that I discovered is that you can actually upload up to 5 images at a time from the Blogger "Add Image" window. You just click on "add another image" above the browsing field. Probably could have figured that one out sooner had I just read directions.

That's all well and good, but I am still downloading a dozen images instead of just 5. I want to upload them all at once. Turns out that there is a way to do it, but it requires downloading some additional software. Luckily it is free.

You can go here to download google's image editor Picasa. Once you have it installed you simply locate the photos that you want to add to your blog, select them, and then hit the "blog this" button. That's it. Can't believe that I didn't figure that one out sooner. It does annoy me to have to use another piece of software. This would be convenient if I didn't already use lightroom to edit and catalog my pictures, but I do so now it is just two catalogs to keep up with. But, it does make blogging faster and easier so I won't complain too much.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: