Monday, August 3, 2009

Picture Monday - Photowalk Winner Announced!

I hope that everyone is having a happy Monday so far. After my hectic weekend and trying to recover from vacation I am going to make this post short and sweet.


First, I wanted to thank everyone who participated in the photowalk for coming out. We had a great group and I really enjoyed meeting you all. There were 38 images submitted for the contest portion of the event. There were a lot of great images there to choose from and it was a hard decision, but the image that I finally decided to go with is this one from jonerica. Congratulations!
I chose this image as the winner for several reasons. First, the clearly defined focal point of the lens of the camera. Next, there is great use of lines with both arms leading your eye into the picture and then the curved line of the hat adding interest. A subtle detail that I like is how the Pinehurst logo on the hat hints at context.
Jonerica will be receiving a copy of The Digital Photography Book 3 by Scott Kelby courtesy of our walk sponsor as well as the 2.4" Vivitar digital picture viewer thanks to Staples and a KATA camera bag for your point and shoot camera.
I still have a 1.5" Vivitar key chain picture viewer and a cleaning kit for the first runner up and a cleaning kit and screen protectors for the second runner up. I will announce the first runner up on Wednesday and also post some of the pictures from the Flickr group (there is still time to upload your photos to our flickr group!) and then announce the second runner up on Friday so stay tuned!
Have a great week!

No comments: