Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Site of the Week!

I have been sick all week this week with this awful will-sapping cold and I have to say that looking at the weekend forecast that calls for rain, clouds, and thunderstorms is not really making me feel that much better!

The site that I have for you this week is some nice rainy day viewing. I don't know why, I think it is in the photographer dna, but I'm pretty sure that we all like old, broke down things. I don't remember where I heard the quote but someone said something along the lines of "looking at an old building in disrepair is like seeing the reflection of the young girl she had once been in an old women's face". It brings to mind the good old days, and love lost in a melancholy sort of way.

You can visit the site here and as far as I can tell it is a German man who (sometimes not legally) visits and photographs old places. There is great use of light and a good mix of general and detailed information about the places. I really feel like he is telling the stories of these old places.

The whole thing is vaguely horror moviesque but more in a Tim Burton sad twisted horror love story sort of way that I find slightly uncomfortable yet fascinating at the same time. Hope that some of you like it too. Have a good weekend!

No comments: